When :from Wednesday 16 January, 2019 09:30 to Thursday 17 January, 2019 18:00
Type of event :Category 6-Expert Committee
Where :UNESCO Headquarters (Bonvin building), Room XVI, Paris, France
The members of the Bureau of the Intergovernmental Council (IGC) of the International Hydrological Programme (IHP) will hold a Technical Meeting to exchange on matters of strong relevance to the Programme, unfolding prior to the 24th session of the IGC (2020) and requiring attention before the statutory 58th session of the IHP Bureau planned for September 2019.
This Technical Meeting of the IHP Bureau members will be of advisory character and not a statutory meeting. It will discuss, among other matters:
• the consultation regarding the update of the Statutes and of the Rules of Procedure of the IHP Intergovernmental Council, to prepare the submission of the relevant decisions taken by the 23rd Intergovernmental Council to the 206th session of the Executive Board of UNESCO (April 2019);
• the UNESCO International Water Conference (13-14 May 2019);
• the Mid-term evaluation of the eighth phase of IHP (IHP-VIII);
• the evaluation of the IHP Flagship Initiatives;
• the Strategic Planning of the ninth phase of IHP (IHP-IX, 2022-2029).