When :from Tuesday 23 July, 2013 09:00 to Thursday 25 July, 2013 18:00
Type of event :Category 7-Seminar and Workshop
Where :National Archives of Paraguay, Asunción, Paraguay
The project aims at improving the effectiveness of the fight against illicit trafficking at the local, national and regional level, with a special focus on the role of police and customs officers. It also reinforces synergies resulting from the cooperation of police forces and other concerned institutions.
The main topics dealt with are:
• The international routes of illegal trafficking of art objects;
• The transportation and concealment of illegally exported cultural goods;
• Prevention and intervention in protected archaeological areas - identification of the levels of risks in national and regional sites and realistic recommendations to improve measures for their protection;
• Sampling, treatment and custody of archaeological finds;
• Inventories: system and procedure;
• Protection systems and prevention in museums and religious buildings;
• Protection of archives and libraries;
• Protection and safeguarding of archaeological heritage in the event of armed conflict;
• Operations in customs areas;
• Investigation tactics and difficulties against crime affecting the cultural heritage.
Four participants from five different countries of the region attend the meeting, and Paraguay is represented by 20 participants.
The workshop takes place in the National Archives of Paraguay.
Interpol-Paraguay provides special support to this event by covering the costs related to communication (such as banners) and selecting the participants (especially those working in police and customs units).