When :from Monday 29 September, 2014 09:00 to Friday 10 October, 2014 17:00
Type of event :Рабочая группа / Совещание экспертов
Where :Bonn, Germany
Contact :Alix Wurdak, email@example.com +49 228 8150108
In the next edition of UNESCO-UNEVOC’s virtual conferences, we will discuss the role of skills in the creative industries. The virtual conference will be moderated by Paul Collard, CEO of Creativity, Culture and Education (CCE), an international foundation dedicated to unlocking the creativity of children and young people in and out of formal education, based in Nottingham, United Kingdom. The conference will take place from 29 September to 10 October 2014 on UNESCO-UNEVOC’s e-Forum.
UNESCO’s 2013 Creative Economy Report refers to jobs in the creative industries as "activities involving cultural creativity and/or innovation". The creative industries are recognized by UNESCO as a powerful source for "new development pathways that encourage creativity and innovation in the pursuit of inclusive, equitable and sustainable growth and development."
The virtual conference will address the following questions:
• What are creative industries and what are the needs for skills?
• How can we turn the expansion of creative economies into an advantage for TVET and, in turn, what can TVET and skills development do to support the growth of the creative sector?
• What is the role of creativity in TVET?
• What are the different vocational pathways to creative jobs?
• What do we know about the creative industries and what do we still need to learn?