Scientific Conference on "Central Asia on the Great Silk Road: Dialogue of Cultures and Religions from Antiquity to Modernity"
The Kazakhstan Centre for the Rapprochement of Cultures (future UNESCO Category 2 Center), with support of the UNESCO Office in Almaty, will organize a scientific conference on "Central Asia on the Great Silk Road: Dialogue of Cultures and Religions from Antiquity to Modernity", in Almaty, Kazakhstan, from 13 to 15 June 2018. It is organized in the context of the International Decade for the Rapprochement of Cultures (2013-2022).
The main aim is to provide a broad discussion platform for the following scientific areas:
- historical geography: population migration as a factor of cultural genesis in the historical past and in modern conditions;
- urbanization and features of the nomadic way of life in Central Asia - caravan cities and the prerequisites for their emergence;
- communication of the peoples of Central Asia - issues of spiritual life, art and early mythological and religious systems, confessions, their mutual influence;
- transport, logistics, infrastructure as a means of communication;
- economic and social problems as a source of migration flows;
- the potential of the countries of Central Asia to preserve the cultural heritage of their countries and nominate them on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Conference languages will be Kazakh, Russian, English.