When :from Tuesday 26 May, 2015 12:00 to Wednesday 27 May, 2015 08:00
Type of event :Category 7-Seminar and Workshop
Where :Istana Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact :Joana Vitorica Onaindia (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lee Yee Cheong (email@example.com), Siti Hamisah Tapsir (firstname.lastname@example.org), Ahmad Fauzi Ismail (email@example.com)
In collaboration with the International Science, Technology and Innovation Centre for South-South Cooperation under the auspices of UNESCO (ISTIC) and the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), UNESCO Office, Jakarta is organizing a regional workshop of UNESCO Natural Sciences related Centres and Chairs, under the topic "Promoting Interaction and Knowledge Exchange between UNESCO Natural Sciences related Category 2 Centres and Chairs in Asia and the Pacific".
The workshop to be held on 26-27 May 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is organized to promote interaction and knowledge exchange for strengthening South-South cooperation between Natural Sciences Category 2 Centres and Chairs in the Asia-Pacific region and linking with Africa.
The following actions will be the outcomes of the workshop:
• Providing an overview of UNESCO's Medium Term Strategy globally and the Regional Bureau’s Science Support Strategy in the Asia-Pacific (2014-2021).
• Providing an overview of UNESCO's Natural Sciences Category 2 Centres and Chairs in Asia-Pacific and their contribution to programmes and activities of UNESCO in the Post-2015 Development Agenda framework.
• Identify potential gaps and overlaps among the Centres and Chairs in Asia-Pacific.
• Identify formats for collaboration and knowledge exchange on science research and sustainable development.
• Building networks for strengthening partnerships between the Category 2 Centres and Chairs in Asia-Pacific.
• Initiate reflection for the development of a regional strategy on funds raising and joint actions in the Asia-Pacific to support the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
This workshop is organized with the valuable support of the Malaysian Funds-in-Trust.