When :from Sunday 15 December, 2019 09:00 to Monday 16 December, 2019 17:00
Type of event :Meeting by Member States or Institutions
Where :TBC, Cairo, Lebanon
Contact :Seiko Sugita, firstname.lastname@example.org
This regional summit is being held in Cairo, Egypt from 15 to 16 December 2019. Its objectives are to foster development of national ethics committees in the Arab and Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and establish an effective mechanism of regional harmonization and cooperation to address emerging issues in the field of bioethics.
The objectives of the Regional summit will be to:
• Follow-up on outcomes of the First Regional Bioethics Summit, Muscat, Oman, April 2017.
• Discuss outcomes of the last Global Bioethics Summit (2018) and plan for the upcoming Summit (2020).
• Outline and discuss methods of regional collaboration, with special focus on fostering national ethics / bioethics committees.
• Develop strategies to strengthen linkages between bioethics committees and policy makers (ministries of health, education, science & technology).
• Share experiences and deliberate on ethical issues such as migration ethics; artificial intelligence and ethics, etc..