When :from Monday 1 October, 2018 09:00 to Tuesday 2 October, 2018 16:00
Type of event :Category 7-Seminar and Workshop
Where :Muscat, Oman
The regional seminar on Integrating Global citizenship education (GCED) and shared universal values in teacher training programmes in the Arab countries is jointly organized by the UNESCO Regional Office for Education in the Arab States – Beirut and the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) - South Korea, with the King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz International Centre for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue (KAICIID) – KSA, the Faculty of Education at Sultan Qaboos University, and the National Commission of Oman for UNESCO.
- Introduce Participants to the GCED concepts, common values, different fields and objectives.
- Deepening the importance of GCED in the teacher training programmes ;
- Launch of the Arab Platform on GCED and shared universal values;
- Sharing ideas and lesson learned on the issues of GCED;
- Develop a workable joint action plan to include GCED In teacher training programmes.
- What is GCED and shared human values? Why are they a priority?
- Does education on the values of global citizenship address a technical or political challenge?
- What are the dimensions of the GCED concept?
- What are some innovative approaches to strengthening education competencies for global citizenship and human values in countries with limited resources?
- The themes and objectives of GCED and shared human values and how to integrate them in the teacher-training curricula?