Panel on the National Education Accounts of Senegal
The event serves as a platform to exchange on Senegal's experience in the development of the National Education Accounts (NEA) and its results. Specifically, it aims to:
- share the Senegalese experience in the development of NEA by recalling the technical cooperation framework and the different stages in the process, and underscoring the achievements, challenges, opportunities and perspectives;
- share the results of the NEA, thus analyzing the different financing mechanisms, the various sources of financing of the sub-sectors, the intra-sectoral allocation of public, private and external financing, and its use by education and training institutions from 2009 to 2016;
- discuss the contribution of different actors to education financing with a view to increasing resource mobilization in the face of challenges related to population growth, policy objectives, and economic context.
As part of its 2018-2020 replenishment campaign, the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) is holding its third financing conference in Dakar, Senegal, on 1-2 February 2018. As a prelude to this event, a series of expert meetings are planned, including a panel on the experience and results of Senegal's National Education Accounts (NEA).
Following the initial support of the GPE, UNESCO Dakar accompanied the further development and finalization of the NEA through its capacity development for education programme (CapED) with the technical support of UNESCO’s International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP). Senegal has been updating its NEA since January 2017 in the context of the updating of its education sector plan (PAQUET), which also takes into account the new presidential decisions on education, training and higher education, the West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA) Public Finance Reform Directive No. 6, and Sustainable Development Goal 4 of Agenda 2030.
The event will bring together a diversity of education finance stakeholders to discuss the results and progression of their sector investment efforts, providing an opportunity to reflect on the financing policies of the education sector strategy, the PAQUET 2018-2030.
- Government Administration
- Local elected officials
- Civil society and trade union organizations
- Private sector
- Development partners
- Participants of the GPE Financing Conference