When :from Friday 27 September, 2019 10:00 to Friday 27 September, 2019 18:00
Type of event :Category 8-Symposium
Where :LIM, Peru
Contact :Marius Lukosiunas (email@example.com); Guilherme Canela, Advisor for Communication and Information (firstname.lastname@example.org); Jaco du Toit, Programme Specialist (email@example.com)
UNESCO together with the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights of Peru is organizing a global commemoration of IDUAI 2019 in Lima, Peru. The event titled ‘Open Talks’ adopts a dynamic conference format with speakers addressing specific topics during two fast-paced 45-minute sessions. Topics include:
- Implementing access to information laws and policies and diffusion of best practices, based on international standards;
- Best practices in investing in Infostructures in an inclusive way, that promote multilingualism and local content development.
- Mainstreaming of access to information as catalysts for achieving the UN 2030 Agenda, and presenting UNESCO's World Trends in Freedom of Expression and Media Development In Focus report on access to information;
- Sharing national and international lessons learned and best practices in reporting on SDG indicator 16.10.2 (public access to information);
- Highlighting the importance of access to information for transparency and open governance;
Through inspiring storytelling and short but powerful speeches, global public and community leaders, journalists, NGOs, policymakers and digital pioneers will share their initiatives that have contributed access to information worldwide.
More information, visit: https://en.unesco.org/commemorations/accesstoinformationday