When :from Monday 30 March, 2015 09:00 to Thursday 2 April, 2015 16:30
Type of event :Category 7-Seminar and Workshop
Where :UNESCO Office in Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Contact :George Awad (email@example.com) and Tatiana Skaf (firstname.lastname@example.org), UNESCO Beirut; Rosario Soraide (email@example.com), UNESCO Headquarters, CI/FEM/FOE
UNESCO, with the support of the European Union and in partnership with MENA Media Monitoring, is organizing a sub-regional workshop on media monitoring techniques focused on youth and youth-related themes.
The training is being implemented in the framework of the NET-MED Youth Project (Networks of Mediterranean Youth, 2014-2017), and will take place in Beirut, from 30 March to 2 April 2015. It will bring together around 20 youth people, representatives of organizations that work on youth issues, media and freedom of expression.
The objectives of the training are :
• To present and discuss a methodology for monitoring media coverage of youth and youth-related themes;
• Provide guidelines for implementing the methodology;
• Strengthen capacities for the theoretical and practical application of the methodology;
• Plan the implementation of the following stages of the media monitoring processes in target countries.
and with the following outputs:
• A media monitoring methodology focused on youth and youth-related themes is presented, its ultimate goal being to contribute in the promotion of a fair and objective coverage of information on young people, their rights, achievements and viewpoints in the mainstream media.
• The methodology and stages in the media monitoring process are discussed and understood by participants, including their own role in this framework.
• Capacities are acquired by participants in a way that will enable them to contribute to the implementation of the media monitoring efforts foreseen under the project.