When :from Wednesday 24 September, 2014 09:00 to Thursday 25 September, 2014 17:00
Type of event :Консультативное совещание
Where :Tashkent City, National Library of Uzbekistan, Tashkent City, National Library of Uzbekistan, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
The conference aims to stimulate a dialogue among various key stakeholders, to explore the current situation in adult education provision, to assess the extent of implemented recommendations from previous related events, as well as to outline the prospects for further development.
It is convened by DVV International in the Republic of Uzbekistan, the National Commission of the Republic of Uzbekistan for UNESCO and the UNESCO Tashkent Office, in partnership with the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education, “ISTEDOD” Presidential Foundation, National Library of Uzbekistan and NEE (non-governmental educational establishments)
The objectives are:
• To facilitate the sharing of experiences and lessons on policies and practices for adult education provision.
• To take stock of emerging issues and innovative solutions to improve adult education provision in Uzbekistan, in light of international good practices, post-2015 global education priorities, research and country studies ;
• To formulate recommendations on further enhancing adult education and life-long learning opportunities that would equip adults with skills and competencies necessary for the 21st century.
• Session I. Stock-taking of different international and national initiatives on adult education policies and practices (e.g. Belem Framework of Action, 2014 Revision of UNESCO Recommendations on Adult Education, Post-2015 Education Agenda, skills and competencies for the 21st century, national agenda on enhancing adult education, and the partnership among NGOs, private sectors, teacher educators, libraries and education institutions);
• Session II. Following the Session I, analysis of the current situation of the adult education provision under the following three pillars:
- Access, recognition, validation and accreditation of the outcomes of non-formal and informal learning of adults;
- Existing quality and relevance of adult education;
- Partnerships towards sustainable life-long learning opportunities;
• Session III. Elaboration of practical and SMART recommendations for strengthening the adult education in Uzbekistan.