When :from Monday 2 March, 2020 08:00 to Friday 6 March, 2020 18:00
Type of event :Category 7-Seminar and Workshop
Where :UNESCO Headquarters, 7 place Fontenoy, 75007, Paris, France
Mobile Learning Week (MLW) is the United Nations’ flagship event on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in education, and has been organized by UNESCO and its partners for eight years consecutively.
The 2020 edition of MLW will be held from 2 to 6 March 2020 in Paris under the theme Artificial Intelligence and Inclusion. It is designed to steer the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) towards the direction of inclusion and equity in education – core values underpinning the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and digital opportunities for all.
Read more about MLW 2020 in the concept note
In order to thoroughly explore both the potential risks and benefits of AI and inclusion in education, the four major topics of the Mobile Learning Week 2020 will be:
- How to solidify international cooperation to promote inclusive access to AI and digital innovations?
- How to leverage AI to advance inclusion in access to quality learning opportunities?
- How to foster AI innovations to enhance learning outcomes across learning settings?
- How to ensure non-discriminatory and gender-equitable use of AI for lifelong learning?
This 5-day event will consist of a dynamic combination of high-level plenaries, workshops, a policy forum and hands-on demonstrations. To get an idea of what to expect, explore a selection of photos from Mobile Learning Week 2019.
More information on UNESCO’s AI in education events can be found in the two outcome reports from Mobile Learning Week 2019:
- Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable Development: Synthesis Report
- Artificial Intelligence in Education: Compendium of Promising Initiatives
or in the report and consensus from the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Education:
Workshops and Innovations – Monday 2 March
The WORKSHOPS will facilitate demonstrations of inclusive AI-based solutions, digital innovations, programmes or research that are aligned with the MLW 2020 subthemes.
The INNOVATIONS will be presented by the winners of the MLW 2020 Call for Innovations and consist of a demonstration and presentation of developed AI applications and digital innovations for the advancement of inclusion and equity in education.
Symposium and ICT in Education Prize Award Ceremony – Tuesday 3 March
The SYMPOSIUM will feature plenary panel discussions with experts in the field of inclusion in education, AI and education, and keynote addresses from thought leaders working at the intersection of inclusion, learning and AI and digital technologies.
The UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education recognizes innovative approaches in leveraging new technologies to expand educational and lifelong learning opportunities for all, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Goal 4 on education.
Symposium (cont.) – Wednesday 4 March
During the continued SYMPOSIUM sessions, UNESCO will gather participants from around the world to share experiences and plan joint actions with a view to harnessing digital innovations to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 4.
Policy Forum – Thursday 5 March
The POLICY FORUM will offer a unique space to discuss the key policy components for advancing digital technologies and inclusion in education to ensure the achievement of SDG 4 with specific regard to AI and inclusion.
Strategy Labs – Friday 6 March
The STRATEGY LABS will be hosted by UNESCO and MLW’s partner organizations to help guide the conceptualisation and refinement of projects on AI in education.
- Working paper: Artificial intelligence in education: challenges and opportunities for sustainable development, 2019
- What UNESCO does for mobile learning
- What UNESCO does on ICT in education
- Previous Mobile Leaning Weeks: 2019 - 2018 - 2017 - 2016 - 2015 - 2014 - 2013 - 2011
- For more information, please contact us at email@example.com