When :from Thursday 20 September, 2018 09:30 to Friday 21 September, 2018 17:45
Type of event :Category 5-Advisory Committee
Where :Paris, Room IX, 7 place Fontenoy,, 75007, Paris 75007 SP, France, France
The MedProgramme is a five-year project (2019-2023) dedicated to “Enhancing Environmental Security” in the Mediterranean region, and aiming at reducing land-based pollution, enhancing sustainability and climate resilience, protecting marine biodiversity, and increasing knowledge management and coordination. Funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and coordinated by the United Nations Environment Programme Mediterranean Action Plan (UNEP/MAP), the project is implemented by several agencies including UNESCO. Activities will be carried out in nine Mediterranean countries: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Montenegro, Morocco, and Tunisia.
The Second Regional Consultation will gather UNEP/MAP, executing partners (i.e. UNEP/MAP’s regional activity centres (PAP/RAC, Plan Bleu, SCP/RAC, SPA/RAC), UNESCO-IHP, IUCN, EIB, EBRD, GWP-Med and WWF-MedPO), GEF Focal Points, and Permanent Delegations to UNESCO. This event represents an important step towards the successful conclusion of the preparatory activities of the MedProgramme.
The objectives of the Second Regional Consultation are to:
• Take stock of the progress on the preparation of the Child Projects of the MedProgramme and on the submission process;
• Agree on a course of action for the completion of the endorsement packages for those Child Projects that have not yet been submitted to the GEF;
• Discuss the initiation of activities for the Child Projects that have been endorsed by the GEF;
• Present the main features of the MedProgramme’s strategies for knowledge management and gender mainstreaming;
• Review and provide feedback on complementarities and interactions among the Child Projects.