When :from Monday 21 May, 2018 09:00 to Sunday 10 June, 2018 23:00
Type of event :Category 7-Seminar and Workshop
Contact :Andrés Morales, firstname.lastname@example.org
Massive Online OpeN Course - MOST Programme 2018
UNESCO's Management of Social Transformations (MOST) Programme, through the UNESCO's Regional Bureau for Science in Latin America and the Caribbean, in association with the Iberoamerican School of Administration and Public Policies from CLAD, and in alliance with several universities, think tanks, government entities an International Organizations, conceived the pilot edition of the Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) on "Inequalities in Latin America and the Caribbean. Research, policy and management for social transformations" in 2017. In 2018, a new version is launched, this time at a universal level.
MOOC version 2018:
• New version of the MOOC "Inequalities in Latin America and the Caribbean: research and policies for social transformations", including updating and improvements in design and content.
• Participation of all countries from Latin America and the Caribbean, through the FutureLearn Platform.
• Versions in Spanish and English, with global reach.
• Date of implementation: 21 May to 10 June 2018.
• Dynamize the community of practices arising from the course on design and management of public policies against inequalities in the region.
• Systematize the initiatives and proposals on public policies and management against the inequalities that have arisen during the course.
• Contribute to the strengthening of the nexus between research and public policies, with emphasis on policies against inequalities, providing an overview of their challenges and perspectives.
• Identify tools, strategies, and practices that make it possible to put knowledge and research at the service of public policies aimed at reducing inequalities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
• Identify the challenges and opportunities of research and public policies to help reduce inequalities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
100% online course (MOOC format, FutureLearn platform) composed by:
- Theoretical-methodological contents.
- Institutional experiences.
- Case studies.
- Voices of actors (experts, policy makers, public managers, activists, communicators, social networks).
- Debating Communities (forums).
- Learning progress monitoring exercises.