When :from Thursday 12 June, 2014 09:30 to Friday 13 June, 2014 17:00
Type of event :Рабочая группа / Совещание экспертов
Where :Room XV, 7, place de Fontenoy, 75007, Paris, France
In the frame of the project on « Management of coastal aquifers and groundwater » of the Medpartnership, the International Hydrological Programme (IHP) of UNESCO is organizing the experts meeting on the “Management and protection of coastal wetlands”.
The meeting will gather national experts from 13 Mediterranean countries as well as international experts from the University of Cartagena, the Polytechnic University of Cataluna, the Spanish Geological Survey (IGME), the University of Valencia, the Environment Agency (UK) and MedWet. The aim of this meeting is to present and to discuss the results achieved and to elaborate the expected outputs.
The first objectives of the meeting are to present the results achieved so far:
- Detailed presentation of the country reports by the national experts
- First part of the regional report by the international experts
- First draft of the hydrogeological map of the seleted coastal wetlands
The meeting will also agree on the expected final products:
- Identification of selected case studies
- Final version of the hydrogeological map of the selected coastal wetlands
-Geo-referenced information system
- Guidelines and recommendations