Kominkan-CLC International Conference: Community Based Human Development for Sustainable Society
Practitioners and researchers from community-based learning centres who organise education and development activities for sustainable development are welcome to participate in the Conference.
In conjunction with the World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development (Nagoya, November 2014), this Okayama Conference aims to discuss future visions of education for sustainable development through revitalisation of multi-generational learning in local communities linking schools, families, society and workplaces. The outcome will be reported in the World Conference in Nagoya, Japan the following month.
1.Recognize the role of Kominkan and CLC for ESD promotion.
2.Share good practices of ESD implementation based on Kominkan and CLC, and discuss its achievements and challenges.
3.Discuss visions of Kominkan and CLC to realize a sustainable society, and develop future strategies.
- Okayama City
- Executive Committee for Kominkan-CLC Conference
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan
- UNESCO Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education (UNESCO Bangkok)
- UNESCO Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Science (UNESCO Jakarta)
- UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL)
- National Kominkan Association, Japan