IITE-2016 International Conference “ICT in Education: Innovation for Quality, Openness and Inclusion”
UNESCO IITE organizes international conferences once every two years to provide a forum for education policy makers, practitioners and experts for discussing the cutting-edge issues in the use of ICT in education. This year, building on the Incheon Declaration, the Qingdao Declaration, the Education 2030 Framework for Action and Sustainable Development Goals, IITE-2016 International Conference “ICT in Education: Innovation for Quality, Openness and Inclusion” will further the discussion of the role of ICT in the context of post-2015 education agenda and will focus on the impact of innovative approaches in the use of ICT for the sake of provision of inclusive and quality education, widening access to and openness of formal and non-formal education.
The Conference will address current challenges in the use of ICT on the way towards equitable quality education and lifelong opportunities for all. The main goals of the IITE-2016 International Conference are:
- to analyze major trends and challenges in ICT use in education, including traditional, open, distance, online, smart, ubiquitous and mobile learning;
- to discuss emerging technologies and pedagogical models and contribute to shaping future education policies;
- to consider the changes in the educational content (including OER and MOOCs) in the context of the revision of the pedagogical paradigm;
- to develop an understanding of how ICT in education can contribute to the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals;
- to exchange expertise and experience in using ICT to ensure quality education;
- to discover the opportunities and implications provided by innovative media technologies and resources in education;
- to identify the potential and accumulate promising practices on ICT in inclusive education and promoting accessible education environment for all;
- to foster international and regional cooperation and networking with support of the UNESCO Global networks and their partners from public and private sectors.
The appropriate topics, challenges and best practices will be discussed at thematic sections.