IIIrd Regional Seminar on Higher Education in Bioethics "Establishing common standards in Higher Education in Bioethics in Latin America and the Caribbean"
The seminar aims to establish common standards in higher education in bioethics in Latin America and the Caribbean. The coordinators of master's and PhD degrees in bioethics from 15 universities of Latin America and the Caribbean will meet in Brasilia, Brazil, from 2 to 3 November 2017.
Organized by the UNESCO Regional Bioethics Programme for Latin America and the Caribbean (Montevideo) with the cooperation of UNESCO Brasilia Office and the UNESCO Bioethics Chair of the University of Brasilia.
The objectives of this 3rd Semminar are:
- The construction and promotion of high standards in higher education in bioethics and to elaborate consensuses for the LAC region.
- Discuss conceptual frameworks, objectives, educational methodologies and contents, as well as evaluation methodologies
- Review the agreements (conclusions and recommendations) that were established at the Bogotá II Seminar (2015).
- To emphasize and if necessary ratify the convictions of the Letter of Intent of Lima (2013).
- Discuss some issues that could expand the agenda of higher education in bioethics.
- Reflect on the context and the situation of Higher Education in LAC where the programs of Bioethics are developed to strenghten the regional network on higher education with a plan of action involving all the actors