First International Conference on Water Security
The 1st International Conference on Water Security is being organized by the Elsevier Publishing House, in Toronto, Canada, on June 2018. During this conference, the International Hydrological Programme (IHP) will hold a session on Water Security with the involvement of relevant UNESCO Category 2 Centres and Chairs.
Some of the topics covered by the Conference are:
1. How do water governance, institutions, aging infrastructure and finance come together to achieve water security in the developed world?
2. The science of integrated water management (smart watersheds, water services, agricultural, energy, minerals and other use systems, environmental flows, legacies, collaborative governance, BMPs)
3. Climate, Renewable Energy, Economic Development and Demographic Change and Migration; Challenges or Opportunities for Regional Water Security. Water security and conflict (either transboundary water cooperation or armed conflict and water)
4. Urban water security
5. Technological innovation and big data for water security - emerging directions and prospects
6. Indigenous and hybrid knowledge systems, common-pool resource systems, and perspectives in water security
7. Sustainable development, ecosystems and human health as water security objectives
8. Water and Health