First International Bioethics Conference and Private Meeting of the IBC Working Group
The Omani National Bioethics Committee (NBC) in collaboration with the Sultan Qaboos University (SQU), the Research Council (TRC) of Oman and UNESCO will organize the First International Bioethics Conference in Muscat, Oman, from 8 to 10 March 2015. At this occasion, the Omani NBC will also host a Private Meeting of the Working Group of the International Bioethics Committee on the Principle of the Sharing of Benefits.
The First International Bioethics Conference is designed to offer a platform for exchange of information and knowledge on bioethics, and for networking.
It will cover the following topics:
* Premarital genetic testing;
* Genetics and biotechnology, e.g. stem cells research;
* Global Bioethics and Sharing of Benefits;
* Ebola Outbreak: Ethical Lessons Learned and a Future Research Agenda;
* Religious and cultural perspectives in bioethics;
* Islam and Bioethics; and
* Challenges faced by National Bioethics Committees to establish rules and draw up legislation.
Within this context, the IBC Working Group on the Principle of the Sharing of Benefits will hold its private meeting to advance on its work related to this topic. In addition, members of the IBC Working Group will present specific topics at the session on "Global Bioethics and the Sharing of Benefits" of the Bioethics Conference, and participate in other sessions.