Ethics Teacher Training Course in New Zealand
This Ethics Teacher Training Course will be delivered for the first time in the Pacific (Dunedin, New Zealand), from 20 to 24 of November 2017. it is organized jointly by UNESCO and the University of Otago’s Bioethics Centre to advance quality ethics education by building professional capacities of ethics teachers in the Pacific region.
The Course will be based on one week training module developed by UNESCO in collaboration with the Bioethics Centre at the University of Otago. The module contains the following key components:
1. Global Perspective on Ethics Teaching: trends, challenges and opportunities
2. The UNESCO Core Curriculum as a tool for promoting quality ethics education
3. Ethics Teaching in Action: what and how to teach (a model lesson)
4. Ethics teaching in New Zealand: Sharing experiences in ethics teaching in the host country
5. Classroom communication: pedagogy and psychology of ethics teaching
6. Teaching Demonstrations by participants followed by feedback from the Course facilitators
The training is conducted by a team of experts with extensive experience in ethics education, including the faculty of the University of Otago.
Due to the interactive nature of the course, the number of participants is limited to 30 persons.
There is no tuition fee for participating in ETTC. However, the participants are expected to cover the charges related to their travel to the venue and their accommodation.
The core reading materials for ETTC participants are available free of charge from UNESCO web site (www.unesco.org/bioethics):
• Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights.
• Bioethics Core Curriculum, Section 1: Syllabus. Ethics Education Programme, UNESCO, 2008.
• Bioethics Core Curriculum, Section 2: Study materials. Ethics Education programme, UNESCO, 2011.
• Casebook on Human Dignity and Human Rights, Bioethics Core Curriculum Casebook Series, No. 1, UNESCO, 2011
• Casebook on Benefit and Harm, Bioethics Core Curriculum Casebook Series, No. 2, UNESCO, 2011
Please send the completed application form to email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 31 August 2017.