Ethics Teacher Training Course
This Ethics Teacher Training Course is organized by the UNESCO Jakarta Office and the Institute of Islamic Understanding (IKIM) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 7 to 11 November 2016.
The Course will be based on a one week training module developed by UNESCO in collaboration with global experts in ethics education. The module contains the following key components:
* Global Perspective on Ethics Teaching: trends, challenges and opportunities
* The UNESCO Core Curriculum as a tool for promoting quality ethics education
* Ethics Teaching in Action: what and how to teach (a model lesson)
* Ethics teaching and inter-faith dialogue: Sharing experiences in ethics teaching in different religious contexts
* Classroom communication: pedagogy and psychology of ethics teaching
* Simulated teaching presentations by participants followed by feedback from the Course instructors
The course is designed to advance pedagogical capacity for ethics teaching and improve the quality of ethics education around the world. The Course offers a unique opportunity for participants from Malaysia and from other countries to enhance their teaching capacities in ethics.
Ethics Teacher Training Course is conducted by a team of experts from different countries, including Malaysia, with extensive experience in ethics education. The Course offers a unique opportunity for participants from Malaysia and from other countries to enhance their teaching capacities in ethics.
A successful candidate for the Course will have a Master’s or higher degree (in areas such as law, medicine, philosophy, ethics, or social sciences), experience or future plans of teaching ethics, and a good command of English language.
Persons who want to register should send the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 August 2016. Applicants should include a letter of intent (600 words) explaining why they wish to participate in the course and how they expect to benefit from it.