When :from Wednesday 11 November, 2015 08:00 to Friday 13 November, 2015 16:00
Type of event :Category 7-Seminar and Workshop
Where :Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia (Plurinational State of)
Contact :Natalia Uribe Pando (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The course “Gender mainstreaming in decision-making on water management” is organized by UNESCO’s International Hydrological Programme (IHP) and the Conference of Ibero-American Directors of Water (CODIA). It will be held from 11 to 13 November 2015 at the Spanish Cooperation Training Centre in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
This course aims to enhance water security and sustainability by improving the inclusion of gender equality in water access, management and governance. It is intended for technicians and professionals from various institutions belonging to the CODIA, as well as for professionals from other institutions whose work is related to water resources management in Latin America.
The course is the result of collaboration between IHP, CODIA and the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID). It will be taught by a team of experts from different institutions and backgrounds: Francisco T. Rodríguez (UNESCO Chair on Water, Women and Governance, at the Instituto Global de Altos Estudios en Ciencias Sociales, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic); Vera Lúcia de Miranda Guarda (UNESCO Chair on Water, Women and Development, Federal University of Ouro Preto, Minas Gerais, Brazil); and Denise Soares (Mexican Institute of Water Technology, IMTA).
This three-day workshop will be an opportunity for specialists and strategic partners whose work is related to water management to:
• Contribute to gender mainstreaming in institutions as well as in water-related programmes and projects;
• Introduce strategies and activities to ensure women’s participation and commitment to water-related programmes;
• Present monitoring procedures that can be used to reveal power dynamics in water access and management;
• Share methodologies, techniques and experiences to assess and promote gender equality;
• Enhance capacities to build action plans for strengthening gender mainstreaming in the institutions and programmes in which the participants work.
The deadline for application is 20 September 2015. More information on the programme and application process is provided in the information sheet below (in Spanish).