Consultative meeting on the UNESCO-China Funds-in-Trust Project on “Enhancing Teacher Education for Bridging the Education Quality Gap in Africa”
The meeting is organized by the Section for Teacher Development and Education Policies of the Education Sector, UNESCO.
The UNESCO-China Funds-in-Trust (CFIT) Project welcomed the 5 new participating countries – Congo, DR Congo, Liberia, Tanzania, and Uganda – in October 2013. These 5 countries have finished the needs assessment reports, and started preparing for the project document and work plan (ProDoc).
On 16 April 2014, the meeting will focus on
- sharing the key findings of the needs assessment of the 5 countries;
- sharing the potential focused areas of each country;
- understanding the budget allocation, timeframe, and CFIT key action areas;
- understanding the structure of the ProDoc template.
On 17 April 2014, the 5 countries, together with experts and UNESCO staff, will work in parallel groups to formulate the ProDoc. The expected results of the day are
- each country has identified the focused areas and TTI(s); and
- each country has finalized the ProDoc.