CONFINTEA VI Regional Follow-up Meeting in Asia and the Pacific
Four years after the sixth conference on adult education, this regional meeting will take stock of the Belém Framework for Action.
The conference will be an excellent opportunity to take stock of all the recent developments in adult learning and education in the region of Asia and the Pacific. The objectives of the Meeting are:
1. To discuss and debate innovative approaches in implementing the Belém Framework for Action.
2. To develop action points for Asia and the Pacific with a view to:
• developing comprehensive, inclusive and strategic adult education policy approaches within a lifelong learning perspective;
• expanding the provision of diversified learning opportunities to assure inclusion and participation; and
• increasing regional cooperation
• progress, gaps and challenges in adult learning and education in the countries of the region of Asia and the Pacific identified;
• successful adult education policies and practices shared and factors which are conducive to success assessed;
• action points distilled for policy development, governance improvement and more participation in adult learning and education; and
• advocacy and momentum created for a lifelong learning perspective with elements for including ALE in the future agenda.