When :from Thursday 28 March, 2019 09:00 to Friday 29 March, 2019 18:00
Type of event :Category 3- Non-governmental conference
Where :UNESCO Headquarters, 125 avenue de Suffren, 75007, Paris, France
Brain plasticity, nutrition, quality of sleep, emotional regulation, attention, prediction, error correction are all necessary elements
of learning, not only from early childhood but throughout our lives.
Could the advances made by cognitive science research elicit new teaching methods which would allow every child to fulfill their intellectual and emotional potential?
With the participation of specialists and academics from Brazil, Chile, France, India, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
PROGRAMME AT A GLANCE
THURSDAY 28/03, FROM 9.30 A.M. TO 5.30 P.M.
OPENING SESSION by Jean-Michel Blanquer, Minister of National Education and Youth of the French Republic, Audrey Azoulay, Director-General of UNESCO
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF LEARNING
• The critical periods in language learning
• The development of the brain from the uterus to school
• The adolescent brain
• Nutrition and sleep, fundamental pillars of learning
• Health and education, a crucial collaboration for development
IMPROVING TEACHING: INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVES
FRIDAY 29/03, FROM 9.30 A.M. TO 6.30 P.M.
• How research in psychology can help us end the Reading wars
• Improving reading acquisition with the help of GraphoGame
• Reading acquisition: from brain imaging to the classroom
MEMORY AND ATTENTION
NEW TOOLS AND PERSPECTIVES
An event organized by UNESCO and the Scientific Council of National Education of the French Republic (Conseil scientifique de l'éducation nationale).