When :from Friday 30 April, 2021 13:30 to Friday 30 April, 2021 15:30
To mark the significance of the global contribution of the original Windhoek Declaration and of the World Press Freedom Day (WPFD) in the past three decades, UNESCO Offices in Jakarta, Bangkok and New Delhi are organizing the the Asia Pacific Regional Forum for World Press Freedom Day on Friday, 30 April 2021 at 1PM-3.30PM online via Zoom.
UNESCO is convening the Forum with the following objectives:
Raise awareness of the importance of freedom of expression, press freedom, access to information and safety of journalists in Asia and the Pacific region;
Generate ideas, information and share good practices regarding the sub-themes of WPFD including media viability, transparency of online platforms, and media and information literacy.
6 speakers, 3 moderators, and 1 rapporteur are participating in this event:
- Dr. Peter Thompson, Victoria University of Wellington (Te Herenga Waka)
- Swe Win, Myanmar NOW
- Seema Mustafa, Editors Guild of India
- Dr. Minjeong Kim, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- Ika Ningtyas, Alliance of Independent Journalists of Indonesia
- Ray Wang, Thammasat University
- Amalia Bandiola-Cabusao, Mindanao Times
- Vicheika Kann, Journalist
- Ding Jo-Ann, Centre for Independent Journalism
- Therese San Diego Torres, Asian Institute of Journalism and Communication