When :from Tuesday 3 September, 2013 08:00 to Saturday 7 September, 2013 17:55
Type of event :Category 7-Seminar and Workshop
Where :Servicio Nacional de Meteorología e Hidrología (SENAMHI), Lima, Peru
Contact :Mishra, Anil and Mathias Vuille: email@example.com
From 3 to 6 September 2013, will be held the First Workshop on “Andean Climate Variability and Change” in Peru.
The Andean Climate Change Interamerican Observatory (ACCIÓN) Network, an initiative funded by the United State of America State Department, together with the UNESCO International Hydrologic Program (IHP) invite atmospheric and environmental science students from Andean countries to participate in this workshop.
The course aims to foster cross-disciplinary connections and collaborations and will cover a broad spectrum of climate change aspects. The ACCIÓN climate workshop invites scientists from all fields of climate research to apply.
The workshop will include a mix of plenary lectures, working groups and individual computer-based assignments. It is intended to provide a platform where the next generation of scientists from the Andes can gain professional experience and make connections beyond their countries’ borders.
The specific topics to be discussed at the workshop include:
• General concepts of Andean climate: mean state, variability and change
• Availability, applicability and limitations of data sets and methods for data analysis
• Theory of model development and analysis
• Key elements of regional atmospheric modeling (numeric, parameterization schemes, initial and boundary conditions)
• Downscaling methods (dynamical and empirical-statistical)
• Individual computer labs and group-based analysis of case studies