When :from Monday 16 September, 2013 11:00 to Friday 20 September, 2013 18:00
Type of event :Выставка
Where :UNESCO Headquarters, Room Miro 3, 7, place de Fontenoy, 75007, Paris, France
Contact :to be confirmed
The event is dedicated to linguistic diversity, endangered languages, scripts, calligraphy and related craftsmanship.
The exhibition will feature:
- Stone, wood, handloom textiles, embroidery, traditional art and handblock printing among other hand skills
- The art of handwriting and the history of India’s scripts through calligraphy
- Traditional artists demonstrating skills
- Expert calligraphers and the magic of calligraphy
- Aksharakaram – a film on dance and calligraphy
- Crafting Indian Scripts – an art book
Workshops with cailligraphers will be held through the week.
A seminar entitled "Culture and Craft: the Written Word" will be organized in Room II on 18 September at 3 p.m. with the participation of prominent public figures and experts.