“Transformative learning for people and the planet is a necessity for our survival and that of future generations. The time to learn and act for our planet is now.”
The UNESCO World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development was held from 17 to 19 May 2021, calling for learners of all ages to be empowered to #LearnForOurPlanet and act for sustainability.
The Conference ended with the adoption of the Berlin Declaration on Education for Sustainable Development.
Download the Declaration:
English - French - Arabic - Chinese - Russian - Spanish - German - Mongolian
Watch back Conference sessions
All Conference sessions can now be watched back via a dedicated video playlist.
Day 1: 17 May 2021
- Opening remarks and keynote speakers on the sustainable development challenges we face today and ways forward
- Session 1 - Plenary: Creating the change we need in the time of planetary crisis – ESD for 2030
- Session 2 - Ministerial Roundtable on the implementation of ESD for 2030 (Part I)
Day 2: 18 May 2021
- Session 4 - Ministerial Roundtable on the implementation of ESD for 2030 (Part II)
- Session 5 - Responding to planetary challenges through Education for Sustainable Development (A)
- Session 6 - Plenary: Testimonies of transformative action for the SDGs – How does societal change for sustainable development happen?
- Session 8 - Responding to planetary challenges through Education for Sustainable Development (B)
- Session 9 - Putting Education for Sustainable Development into action A (pt.I)
Day 3: 19 May 2021
You can find time stamps that will help you navigate to each of the different sessions in the description of the video by clicking ‘Show more’.
In cooperation with: with consultative support of: