UNESCO World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development
Learn for our Planet. Act for Sustainability
17 – 19 May 2021
Join UNESCO's call for education to change so that we can all #LearnForOurPlanet and act for sustainability. Tell us why you think education needs to transform and what you are doing to make it happen. Share your views via #LearnForOurPlanet.
Hosting an event related to Education for Sustainable Development in May? Register it and we could promote it as part of the global celebrations around the World Conference.
Follow the conference live
- 17 May, 12:00pm – International Conference
- 18 May, 08:00 am – International Conference
- 19 May, 1:00 pm – International Conference
- 19 May, 2.30 pm – National Conference
- Watch event: German
The UNESCO World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development will be held as a virtual conference from 17 to 19 May 2021.
The conference is organized by UNESCO in cooperation with and generously supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany, and with the German Commission for UNESCO as advisory partner.
When and where?
You can join the Conference by livestreaming key sessions on UNESCO's YouTube in English or the original language of the speaker and the floor without translations.
Translated versions of all sessions will be uploaded after they have aired.
Monday 17 May 2021 - DAY 1
- 12:00 – 12:30 Opening remarks
- 12:30 – 13:00 Inspiring short by keynote speakers on the sustainable development challenges we face today and ways forward
- 13:00 – 14:00 Plenary: Creating the change we need in the time of planetary crisis – ESD for 2030
- 15:00 – 17:30 Ministerial Roundtable on the implementation of ESD for 2030 (Part I)
- 19:00 – 20:00 Berlin Night: Virtual get- together with welcome remarks, musical performance and networking
Tuesday 18 May 2021 - DAY 2
- 08:00 – 09:30 Ministerial Roundtable on the implementation of ESD for 2030 (Part II)
- 11:30 – 13:00 Plenary: Testimonies of transformative action for the SDGs – How does societal change for sustainable development happen?
Wednesday 19 May 2021 - DAY 3
- 13:00 – 14:00 Closing: The Time to Learn and Act for Our Planet is Now
In cooperation with: with consultative support of: