70 years of UNESCO Publications
This exhibition will feature a thematic and chronologic selection of UNESCO publications, from the very first titles produced between 1946 and 1947, until some of the latest trends towards mobile reading and Open Access.
Highlights of the exhibition include :
• The Book of Needs of Fifteen War-Devastated Countries in Education, Science and Culture (1947)
• the UNESCO Collection of Representative Works (1948-2000),
• the series Press, film and radio in the World Today (1949-1961),
• UNESCO’s best and long seller Study abroad (1948-2005),
• The Race Question series (1951-1988)
• the UNESCO Source Book for Science Teaching (1956-1973)
• Human Rights: Questions and Answers (1981-2012)
• Archivos: the voices of Latin American and Caribbean identity in the 20th century (1988-2003),
• and a selection of titles telling the story behind UNESCO’s safeguarding and restoration campaigns of cultural heritage sites.