5th Session of the Meeting of States Parties to the 2001 Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage
The fifth session of the Meeting of States Parties to the Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage will take place at UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, on 27-29 April 2015 (Fontenoy building, Day I – Room II, Day 2 and 3 - Room XI). It will be followed by the sixth meeting of the Scientific and Technical Advisory Body (30 April, room VI).
The main issues to be discussed during the fifth Meeting of State Parties to the 2001 Convention are:
1. the follow-up of the recommendations of the scientific and Technical Advisory Body,
2. presentation on Governance Audit and from the UNESCO Unitwin Network on Underwater Archaeology,
3. the election of the members of the Scientific and Technical Advisory Body,
4. the approval of Operational Guidelines Chapter on the Logo,p
5. discussion of reporting on implementation of Convention, and
4. the accreditation of NGOs for cooperation with the Scientific and Technical Advisory Body.