4th International Symposium on the Effects of Climate Change on the World’s Oceans
In view of the 4th International Symposium on the Effects of Climate Change on the World's Ocean, set to take place in June 2018, the Symposium Organizers invite proposals for session and workshop topics addressing the causes and consequences of changing climate on marine ecosystems within the context of evolving ecosystem drivers as outlined in the Symposium Scope. The deadline to submit proposals in June 9th 2017.
Until June 9th 2017, the organizers are looking for a broad range of topics and approaches to sharing, synthesizing and discussing information. They encourage applicants to consider innovative ways to communicate results and engage the scientific community, decision-making community and the public in dialogue on the effects of – and responses to - changing climate on the world’s oceans including marine resources and resource dependent sectors, communities and economies.
Deadline for submitting proposals for session and workshop topics is June 9, 2017. Applicants will be notified concerning acceptance; if accepted, applicants will be asked for more detailed information for each session or workshop including speakers etc.
The following are some key topic areas of interest to the Symposium Organizers to help inspire and guide proposals for sessions and workshops:
(1) Characterization of ocean changes and the climate-ocean system
(2) Extreme and abrupt changes in ocean systems
(3) Impacts of changing climate on ocean physical, chemical and biological conditions
(4) Impacts of changing climate on ocean-dependent sectors, societies and economies
(5) Responding to climate-related changes in ocean conditions – Governance, institutional and sectoral adaptations
(6) Advancing methods to project climate-related impacts in ocean ecosystems
Please submit your proposal on the following link: http://meetings.pices.int/meetings/international/2018/climate-change/pro...
More information about the Symposium scope is available here: http://meetings.pices.int/meetings/international/2018/climate-change/scope.