When :from Thursday 20 November, 2014 10:00 to Saturday 22 November, 2014 17:55
Type of event :Category 2-Intergovernmental meeting
Where :UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France
Contact :Valeri Nikolski (email@example.com)
The Intergovernmental Council of the IPDC, composed of 39 member states elected by UNESCO's General Conference, will meet for its 29th biennial Session at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
The Council is responsible for:
- Policy-making, guiding the planning and the implementation of the Programme;
- Approving priorities of the Programme;
- Reviewing and assessing achievements on the basis of implementation and evaluation reports on the projects and defining the basic areas requiring increased international cooperation;
- Reviewing ways and means whereby Member States might participate more effectively in the International Programme for the Development of Communication;
- Approving an appropriate system of financing for the Programme in order to secure the necessary resources for the benefit of those requesting assistance from the Programme.