2-Day Regional Workshop on “Youth Innovation, Social Inclusion and Social Responsibility of Arab Entrepreneurs at the Time of Climate Change”
Global environmental change gives rise to ethical challenges that need to be grasped within a framework of critical thinking. In view of its comprehensive and wide-ranging implications, global environmental change must be recognized as an essentially social process. Social impact of the climate change is identified as the research priority of UNESCO’s intergovernmental programme on Management of Social Transformations (MOST). The Arab region, which with 19 Member States includes a complex variety of social development, is no exception to the damaging of climate change.
The workshop will, through presentations, working group and plenary discussions, address the following issues:
- Social responsibility of business leaders
- Influencing collectively social inclusion at the time of climate change
- Social inclusion and youth engagement in ecological response
- Why and how to make entrepreneurship more ecological?
- How to make social venture more business oriented?
- Making business plans more socially inclusive and more responsive to climate change?
In 2013, the World Social Science Report will be on “Social Impact of Climate Change”.