The Núcleo de Comunicação e Educação from Universidade de São Paulo (NCE/USP) - University’s Nucleus for Communication and Education - and the Associação Brasileira de Profissionais e Pesquisadores em Educomunicação (ABPEducom) - Brazilian Association of Educommunication Professionals and Researchers are pleased to announce the II International Congress on Communication and Education, to be held next November, 12th to 14th, in the São Paulo city, Brazil.
Occurring together with the international congress, the participants will be invited to attend several activities promoted by the VIII Brazilian Meeting on Educommunication.
Both the events have as a general theme: “Media and Education: democratic practices for social transformation”, with the follow main goals:
● To Bring together experts from European, North American, African and Latin American countries to analyze the media and information litercy (MIL) practices, all over the world, by the last 20 years. Speakers from Argentina, Cape Verde, Canada, Colombia, Spain, Guinea Bissau, Italy, Mexico, Peru and Portugal have already confirmed presence.
● To Join those responsible for public policies management and for private initiatives in the area, as well as, researchers and leaders on the fields of educommunication and media education, from Brazil and other countries, for an exchange of experiences.
● To promote a interchange between experts and schools teachers, as well as, to integrate to these dialogs kids and young people that experienced educommunication successful experiences.
2. About the program
The international event will promote:
● In the morning, three Round Tables integrated mostly by international guests;
● In the afternoon, varied and sequenced programming will be available, including: Panels (12), Thematic Groups (30) and Workshops (9). A total of 120 papers are expected to be presented by researchers on the field.
● Kids and young people will partipated in the event (throught educommunicative activities).
3. International network
The International Congress is also a space for builting networks by bringing together experts in the field, such as GAPMIL/UNESCO (Global Alliance for Partnerships on Media and Information Literacy), ALFAMED (Red Interuniversitaria Euroamericana de Investigación sobre Competencias Mediáticas para la Ciudadanía), RedEducom (Signis-AL e Caribe / FMA / CELAM), MLA-Educom (Mobilização Latino Americana pela Educomunicação / ABPEducom) and the Salesian schools, that is working with educommunication in 70 countries all over the world.]
More details on the event will be announced soon on the website: