World Artist Exchange of the Korea Arts Management Service
Promotion of Korean Art’s Access to Overseas Market
The project aims to support and encourage international exchange of Korean art with a view to its broader presence overseas as well as wider circulation and improvement of the global standing of Korean visual arts.
The project supports the access of Korean performing arts and visual arts to the global market. The “supports for the performing arts” provide strategic guidance for Korean performing arts and traditional artists to advance to the international stage and assists the regional tours featuring exceptional performances. The “supports for the global expansion of visual arts” include ① assistance to visual artists in establishing presence abroad ② establishment of the artwork appraisal system ③ overseas publications on Korean art ④ creation of a Korean Wave (hallyu) in the art field ⑤ assistance in exploring overseas market for Korean arts.
▪ This project is expected to boost international competitiveness of Korean performing and traditional arts. It would also discover outstanding arts and cultural programs, and improve the expertise of those curating and marketing visual arts in the international art markets. It would promote international discourse on Korean arts and the ensuing spread of them overseas. The visual art researchers and experts would have better access to Korean arts. As a result, the Korean art market will be stimulated and more globalized, making the ecosystem of Korean arts more transparent.
▪ Support for the global expansion of performing arts (as of 2016)
- Overseas expansion strategy of performing arts: 77,887 dollar
- Regional tours of quality programs: 79,678 dollar
▪ Support for the global expansion of visual arts (as of 2016)
- Establishment of artwork appraisal system: 76,992 dollar
- Creation of new Korean Wave of art: 32,229 dollar