Women’s Innovation Day
- Motivate, inspire the spirit and creativity of Vietnamese women in all fields;
- Praise and honor the typical creativity of women in all fields and share creative experiences of women;
- Search and sponsor the innovative proposals that are potential in increasing economic right and capacity of women;
- Raise awareness of the society about the role of women in creative activities.
Women's Innovation Day, which is held every two years since 2011, is an initiative of the Women's Union of Viet Nam, in collaboration with several ministries and a numbers of international organizations (World Bank, UN agencies for gender equality and empowerment of women (UN women) in Viet Nam), co-sponsored by a number of international organizations such as the International Development Agency of Australia, Development Agency of Ireland, International Development Agency of American, and Unilever. Women of all provinces across the country can register for this program through the Viet Nam Women's Union.
In 2013, 30 creative ideas and 38 innovative products were selected to attend the exhibition of the Program. In 2015, 90 innovative products were introduced in the exhibition "Women and innovation 2015" at the Viet Nam Women's Museum. Many ideas and products associated with the creation of excellent cultural products such as handicraft products (weaving, mat, embroidery), interior design and household products (rattan), cultural and tourism product design (souvenirs made of paper and rags,...), art design (gemstone paintings), ... This initiative clearly shows the priorities of the state and private institutions and society in the creative capacity and its role to contribute to the development of economy, culture and society of Vietnamese Women with the spirit of the Convention 2005 of UNESCO.
- Raise awareness of Vietnamese women about their roles and capacities in the fields of innovation and business
- Raise public awareness about the role and capacity of women in the innovation and culture and art business
- Increase investment for women's initiatives (from state agencies, businesses and civil society organizations)
- Women's Union of Viet Nam
- Mobilizing contributions from businesses; sponsored by organizations and individuals both locally and abroad.
The events organized every two years have contributed to ensure gender balance and encourage creativeness of Vietnamese women in all the fields of the social life..