Viet Nam National Strategy on international relations culture to 2020, vision to 2030
- Promoting national cultural values to the world so as to deepen the understanding of the world about the country, people and culture of Viet Nam, at the same time to build trust and love to Viet Nam, contributing to strengthening the cooperation in other sectors;
- Acquiring cultural quintessence of the mankind, enriching and deepening the traditional cultural values that contribute to comprehensively developing Vietnamese culture towards the True, the Good and the Beautiful, imbued with the national identity, humanity, democracy and science;
- Developing cultural industries professionally and synchronously, encouraging cultural product export to foreign markets, contributing to introducing Vietnamese cultural brands to the world and promoting national culture.
To realize the proactive policy of comprehensive international integration in every field with the aims of elevating the nation’s international profile, Vietnamese Government promulgated an Action Plan attached in the Resolution No. 31/NQ-CP dated 13 May 2014, suggesting to create Strategy on developing cultural industries and National Strategy on international relations culture until 2020, with a vision to 2030.
The national strategy on international relations culture was approved by the Prime Minister in the Decision No.210/QD-TTg dated 8 February 2015 to promote international relations culture, comprehensively developing the culture and peoples of Viet Nam, turning culture into an internal power, strengthening the international profile and prestige of the country. To implement these orientations, the strategy provides uniform solutions, with specific measures related to creativity, production and the dissemination of cultural & artistic products, getting access to worldwide audience and markets, improving the tastes of domestic audience through foreign cultural &artistic activities and international arts festivals organized in Viet Nam. For example:
- In terms of policies: Formulating policies, mechanisms to support and sponsor cultural and artistic exchanges and cooperative activities of Viet Nam, socializing and diversifying the funding for non-public artists and artistic organizations, so that they can participate in international exchanges.
- In terms of formulating, marketing and advertising cultural products: Assisting the production of outstanding cinema products, artistic performances for the participation into international cultural and artistic events; organizing exhibitions and seminars to promote Vietnamese fine arts in foreign countries; organizing cultural days/ week or Vietnamese cultural festivals in foreign countries.
- In terms of financing resources: Create favourable conditions and encourage non-governmental organizations, associations, enterprises and freelance artists to participate to international culture activities.
- Diversify types, models and methods to effectively carry out international relations culture activities to promote Vietnamese cultural values to the world through media and artistic & cultural activities, specifically Vietnamese cultural days/ week, Culture-Tourism Festivals, increase the presence of Viet Nam in international artistic and cultural events, such as EXPO, Biennale, famous film festivals…
- Export Vietnamese cultural products and services to foreign countries, develop market shares for Vietnamese cultural industries in international markets.
- Establish some cultural centres in some targeted regions in the world to widen and bridge the exchange, cooperation in the fields of culture, arts and establish the centres to translate and promote Vietnamese literature to foreign countries.
- Assist Vietnamese communities in foreign countries to get access to information and cultural products originated from the country, promulgate policies to connect communities, develop the intelligence and creativity, thus making contributions to national construction.
- Promote human resource training for international relations culture. Cooperate with other countries to train and refresh the artistic and cultural talents; train highly-qualified staffs.
- Establish and develop some famous international artistic festivals in Viet Nam, create good conditions for Vietnamese audience to get access to diversified culture and arts of the world, strengthen the capability of Viet Nam to host international events, thus improving the profile and prestige of the country.
- Create favourable conditions for countries, international organizations, cultural and tourism agencies of foreign countries to promote their country, people, culture and tourism in Viet Nam;
- Call for resources for the sustainable development, contribute to the socialization policies; Organize international cultural activities in the socialized ways, with the participation of domestic and foreign organizations, individuals.
- Enhance people-to-people exchange activities.
State budget and socialized resources
The implementation of the Strategy is evaluated annually by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Viet Nam, showing the effectiveness of the promotion of Vietnamese culture abroad, deepening the world’s understanding about Viet Nam.
For other targets, it takes a certain time to see the effectiveness and make proper evaluation after a period of synchronous implementation of relevant solutions and policies.