Ukrainian Cultural Foundation
The main objective for the establishment of the Ukrainian Cultural Foundation was the intention to create favourable conditions for creative activities; provide support to research and studies related to culture and creative industries; promote intercultural dialogue and cultural diversity; develop of children’s and youth creativity; promote the innovations and digitalization of culture; support activities aimed at preservation and actualization of cultural heritage.
In 2017 the Law of Ukraine “On the Ukrainian cultural foundation” was adopted by Ukrainian Parliament to introduce new mechanisms for result oriented and competition-based state funding for initiatives in the field of culture and creative industries in Ukraine. Ukrainian Cultural Foundation as a state-run institution under the Ministry of Culture provides support in a form of grants to all types of organizations.
The Ukrainian Cultural Foundation provides the equal access to funding for the governmental and non-governmental institutions, allows to overcome the gap between them and to free the Ministry of Culture from the extrinsic function of spreading the money between the cultural actors.
Priorities of UCF activities are:
- To create favourable conditions for creative activities, partnership development and formation of common values of the civil society in Ukraine
- To promote intercultural dialogue and cultural diversity
- To guarantee cultural rights by ensuring equal access to cultural resources and equal opportunities for personal development and self-realization for all citizens and communities, regardless of cultural, linguistic, ethnic, regional, social, gender and other peculiarities or differences
- To ensure the comprehensive development and functioning of the Ukrainian language in all spheres of public life on the territory of Ukraine, as well as promoting the study of the Ukrainian language abroad
- To promote internationalization of Ukrainian culture, as well as coordination of the donor support to the projects related to culture and creative industries
- To support creation of competitive innovative cultural product and professional development of artists, as well as development of children’s and youth creativity
- To promote projects aimed at local development under the conditions of decentralization
- To promote preservation and actualization of cultural heritage
- To support research and analytics related to culture and creative industries
- To promote development of educational initiatives, implementation of innovations and digitalization of culture
The Ukrainian Cultural Foundation, while implementing new mechanisms of the result-oriented financial support to the cultural and creative initiatives, will support the formation of the sustainable and strong ecosystem of culture and creativity in Ukraine, which allows new sences and common values emerge in the society, and the development of the Ukrainian culture in the context of the modern world tendences.