Swaziland National Arts and Culture Strategic Plan
The Swaziland National Council of Arts and Culture promotes and develops art and culture through:
- regulating the industry,
- coordinating arts and cultural activities,
- advocacy and collaboration with key stakeholders,
- sensitization on cultural values,
- socio-economic empowerment of artists.
The main features of the measure are to:
1. Advocacy2. Income Generation / Resource mobilisation
3.Promotio and coordination
5. Capacity Building
6. Infrustructure Development
The expected result through the implimentation of the Arts and Culture strategic Bill is a well regulated arts and culture industry.
The allocation of funds towards this measure is catered under the the above measure which are under the Swaziland National Council of Arts and Culture. The Bill, Policy and Strategic plan are under the same budget of the Swaziland National Council of Arts and Culture.
From the Strategic Plan document, identified projects that can be implemented in a short space of time subject to availability of financial resources (-though some of them are long term, they can be executed in phases-) encompass:
- Development of Board Charter
- Inter- Ministerial Committee Synchronization of Government Policies with regards to arts and culture
- Urgent Tabling of the Arts and Culture Bill
- Urgent Tabling of the Intellectual Property Rights Bill
- Establishment of National Arts and Culture Day
There is an urgent need to develop a Management Information System master plan to ensure reliable and efficient communication and applications development