Reinforcing and extending cultural exchange with Arab and foreign nations
Ministry of Culture
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Key objectives of the measure:
- Activating of Palestinian participations in Arab and foreign festivals and forums.
- Improving the level of cultural exchanges with Arab and foreign countries.
- Facilitating access for Palestinian artists to participate in cultural activities abroad.
(Attachment 3 page 20 )
Scope of the measure:
Regional, National, International
Nature of the measure:
regulatory, financial, institutional
Main feature of the measure:
- Signing a number of cultural exchange and cooperation agreements by MOC and othe public and private institutions.
- Conducting artistic performances, shows, seminars, scholarships in other countries.
- Announcement of occupied Jerusalem as the permanent capital of Arab culture encouraged cultural exchange and led to a number of agreements.
- Work has been in progress to activate signed agreements and to sign new others with Arab and foreign countries.
- Enlarge participation in cultural weeks, specializes festivals and number of scholarships in different areas.
- Extending cultural exchange and communication that serve the Palestinian cause.
Results expected through the implementation of the measure:
- Positive effect on the national economy through marketing of Palestinian products.
- Better acceptance of cultural diversity.
- Better international cultural cooperation.
Financial resources allocated to implement the measure:
The Ministry of Culture
Countries signed cooperation agreements
Main conclusions of the evaluation of the measure:
- Cultural agreements and cultural exchange with states and international organizations.
- Participations in foreign festivals.
- Participations in international book fairs.
- Participations in International Cultural Weeks.
- Hosting international cultural events and weeks in the State Palestine.
- Hosting teams, artists and writers from the Arab and foreign countries.
- Organizing Palestine International Book Fair.
Indicators used to determine impact:
Number of signed cultural agreementsNumber of international festivals
Area(s) of Monitoring