Regulation of Folk Art.
Ministry of Heritage and Culture
Key objectives of the measure:
The measure aims to practice Omani folk art, preserves it from disappearing, revive what Omani society inherited through performing different works of traditional songs and work to highlight and develop the folk art and provide it in sophisticated way that commensurate with its originality and requirement of contemporary performance. It also aims to highlight the authentic Omani heritage, train and develop young talent of both genders in the field of folk art with all its components in order to finding a continuously interested generations in these arts and working to continue its revival.
Scope of the measure:
Nature of the measure:
legislative, regulatory, institutional
Main feature of the measure:
The main features are:
- Reviving and developing traditional folk arts.
- Maintaining Sultanate’s traditional achievements.
- Promoting the goals of popular bands.
Results expected through the implementation of the measure:
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
- Practicing traditional modern arts of character.
- Increasing the number of folk bands.
- Maintaining the popular tradition and ensure its continuity.
Financial resources allocated to implement the measure:
Ministry's budget covers the financial requirements
Area(s) of Monitoring