To promote cultural expressions
Technical Direction of Cultural Diversity of the General Direction of Cultural Development
Strengthening of Cultures of the Ministry of Culture and Sports
Key objectives of the measure:
- To promote, encourage and safeguard the expressions and traditional cultural identifiers of the indigenous communities that form the main wealth of the Guatemalan nation.
- To contribute to the integral development, encouraging actions based in the ancestral knowledges of the communities.
- To contribute to the strengthening of national cultures, its cultural manifestations, in a participative and equitable way, with gender equity in the framework of respect and preserving the environment and the natural diversity of the country.
Scope of the measure:
Main feature of the measure:
- Strengthening of the cultural expressions and identifiers elements of the communities that from the country.
- Recognition of children and teenagers talents from the indigenous communities in singing and poetry.
- Rescue of ancestral knowledges in gastronomy.
- Elaboration of sociocultural researches.
Results expected through the implementation of the measure:
- Strengthening of cultures in the indigenous communities.
- Promotion of the cultural identity of children, teenagers, women and adult people.
- Recovery of the ancestral knowledges in gastronomy, Mayan epigraphy of the indigenous communities.
- Contribution to the encouragement and promotion of communities’ languages in risk of extinction.
Financial resources allocated to implement the measure:
An annual budget of Q285,495.00, from 2013 to 2016.
Area of Monitoring
Cultural Value Chain