The Project of National Center for Documenting Iraqi Culture
1. To provide suitable conditions to promote and document creative capabilities of artists , intellectuals , professionals and employees in culture sector and facilitate benefit of these services to all community groups.
2. To document and archive Iraqi culture electronically in all its aspects and preserving it from loss and disappearance.
3. To communicate information concerning with Iraqi culture to all over the world and makes it available for those who interested in accessing it for research or other purposes.
4. To help Researchers and Scholars in accessing the required information in all culture fields.
In order to consolidate and reinforce aspects related to the protection and promotion the diversity of cultural expressions as an element of sustainable development, Ministry of Culture has prepared to implement the Project of National Center for Documenting Iraqi Culture to preserve the memory of Iraqi culture and archive all that lists under its culture title by using all modern mechanism to save it electronically and facilitate the process of access it by Researchers and Scholars inside and outside Iraq and all the next generations .
1. Preserving all that is related to the Iraqi culture from loss.
2. Documenting these data and make information about Iraqi culture available to all and preserving it to next generations.
3. To communicate with the world by conveying an image of Iraqi culture.
4. Benefiting the Researchers and Scholar in the various fields of Iraqi culture.
The Ministry allocated for implementing this procedure ($750,000) seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars within the investment budget for 2014. The implemented work of project reached 60%. The project has stopped in 2015 because it has not included in the investment plan and so far