project of the Central Child Library
1. To attract children of schools , State Houses of the disabled and orphans to visit the library and be acquainted with the most important cultural publications concerned with them in order to encourage them to read and spend their free time during vocations as well as raise their thoughts toward a culture aiming to expand their cultural realization.
2. To develop the library with a new number of cultural publications for children from books , magazines and stories dedicated to them.
3. To establish a cultural edifices dedicated to reading, holding cultural courses and workshops for students in the style of writing, narrating stories, artistic directing and painting.
4. To cooperate with civil society organizations to visit the library aiming to expand the child awareness about the importance of visiting libraries, reading and to acquaint with publications.
5. To preserve and archive the cultural heritage in particular the cultural publications concerned with children.
The Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Antiquities represented by Children Culture House has opened a child library. This library is really considered as one of the basic in the work of the House, to encourage children on reading. This library contains books, magazines, and children stories, which are issued by the house or by other countries to be acquainted with their culture. It is one of the most important children libraries in Iraq, and the house hereby aims to develop and establish an electronic library updatable with the global development. Also it contains collections of electronic computers and professional cadres.
1. Increasing the children participation in courses and workshops which are held by the library.
2. The readiness of a number of organization to contribute to the development of the (work, performance, and form ) of the library through the development of a joint cooperation plan in line with the idea of volunteering .
3. Preserving and archiving the cultural publications within years especially (Al- Mizmar, Majalaty ) and other books and stories .
4. Organizing journeys for students in cooperation with administrations of schools aiming to step-up cultural awareness ,
a special budget is allocated for implementation of this procedure by the budget of the Children Cultural House.