Program: Cultural Festival for people with disabilities
Moto: “Participating in culture is part of development”
The measure has aimed to increase social inclusion of the people with disabilities by bringing to stage various form of cultural expression performed by disabled people, in order to:
- Show the public that people with disabilities have capacity in cultural practice.
- Increase personal confidence and empowerment of beneficiaries.
- Provide professional training to allow the beneficiary to have a stable personal income.
This Festival have been on for the past 3 years for two days; the most recent one was held on April 22 and 23 2016.
More than 2000 audience attended the festival.
During two days associations’ members of people with disabilities involved in dance performances, poem recitation and drama performances (both written by the participants topic related to the objective of the Festival), fashion show, photography and painting exhibition as well as panel discussions. A cultural product bazaar including traditional and modern arts and handicraft products produces by the participating association was also organised.
- better inclusion of the disabled people.
- a better averseness in other ministries supporting the advocacy process and the implementation of MOUs between the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and other government bodies.
- Professional opportunities for the most talented of the participants.
Compared to the previous two festivals, the event found a better audience.
The Bazar was of a better quality and products were well advertised.