Participation in building ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community
Realize an ASEAN Community that is people-oriented and socially responsible through the formation of a common identity and building a sharing and caring society.
Promotion of cultural creativity and cooperation in cultural industries is a strategic objective in the formulation of ASEAN identity and linkage.
In 2015, ASEAN Community was offically established based on the three main pillars including Economic Community, Political-Security Community and and Socio-Cultural Community. ASEAN, the dynamic economic development area with 50% of population under 30 years old, the 3rd largest economy in Asia and the 7th largest in the world, has officially become a joint market, with the free movements of goods, services, investment, skilled labourers and capital flows.
To achieve this target, ASEAN Member States set out the particular actions such as promoting the development of cultural industries by cooperating and associating between Small and Medium Cultural Enterprises (SMCEs); training to improve capacity of small and medium cultural enterprises, broadening opportunities of cultural creativity and capacity improvement for the young people and all classes of the society, including ethnic minorities; enhancing marketing and distribution of cultural products and services; strengthening capacity of national institutions responsible for managing and developing cultural industries, creating jobs and commercializing local cultural products and services in domestic and international markets; encouraging the cooperation of cultural industries and economic creativity with ASEAN partner countries; encouraging the public-private cooperation, etc. In the framework of the ASEAN Committee for Culture and Information (ASEAN-COCI), some regional projects such as training on the roles of young people in the sustainable development of small and medium cultural enterprises, ASEAN art performing markets, enhancing a position of master handicraft designers of ASEAN… have been realised with the participation of managers; and young artists from 10 ASEAN countries.
- Enhance the status of ASEAN in international arena;
- Expand market and audience for products and services of cultural and creative industries among ASEAN Member States;
- Improve the professional and expertise quality as well as management and business capacity of the creative individuals, students, managers, researchers in the fields of culture and the arts;
- Establish public-private partnership in the development of cultural industries.
- Establish network of the creative enterprises, management agencies in the filed of cultural industries in ASEAN Community.
- Vietnamese State budget.
- Funding from organizations and other countries in ASEAN region.