Palestinian International Book Fair
Ministry of Culture
Key objectives of the measure:
- Promote Palestinian writers' productions.
- Bring productions of the foreign publishing houses into the State of Palestine.
- Provide space for intercultural dialogue and exchange through visits and seminars conducted by cultural delegations from the participating countries.
- Familiarize the Palestinian culture by organizing on site visits.
- Encourage school students and universities to read through the visits organized in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and universities.
- Encourage artists by establishing various art exhibitions in the fair.
- Buy and distribute books to public libraries.
- Invite Palestinian intellectuals from Gaza Strip to participate in the fair.
Scope of the measure:
Nature of the measure:
Main feature of the measure:
International Book Fair is a real opportunity to achieve economic and cultural development in the State of Palestine.
Results expected through the implementation of the measure:
- Promoted productions of Palestinian writers.
- Productions brought from foreign publishing houses into the State of Palestine.
- Promoted cultural exchange and international cooperation.
- Contributions in developing the economy through books sold in favor of publishing houses.
- Encouraged reading.
Financial resources allocated to implement the measure:
The Ministry of Culture.
Fees from rented suites.
Area(s) of Monitoring
Cultural Value Chain