Negotiate and sign international treaties, agreements in the fields of arts and culture
- Enhance exchange and cooperation in the fields of arts and culture to improve mutual understanding and friendship between Vietnamese and foreign peoples through the participation and enjoyment of artistic and cultural activities.
- Improve the professional capacity of artists and experts working in the fields of culture and of cultural agencies participating in cooperative programmes.
Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism takes the leading role in negotiating and submitting to the Government the signing of bilateral cultural cooperation agreements, cultural cooperation programmes and plans between ministries responsible for culture, taking these as foundations for implementing cultural and artistic exchange and cooperative activities between countries. In pursuance with the signed international agreements, the partners will be involved in planning and allocating budget, as well as implementing the activities.
The cooperative activities are wide with different fields, including traditional and modern performing activities, namely music, fine arts, cinema, cultural heritage, literature, publishing, library, author’s rights, radio and television, youth…
Forms of cooperation are very diverse, from the exchange of high-level delegations to discuss management issues and policies, to exchange expert delegations, scholarships, organizing cultural and artistic events such as the Cultural Week, the performing arts, exhibitions, film weeks... of this country in the other country, participation of this country into international art Festival held in countries that signed the agreements...
Some agreements have built the financial mechanisms based on the principle of mutual reciprocity and work out specific plans on time, number of people, number of days related to the exchange programs.
- Create a cooperative mechanism between the government agencies in charge of culture of the two countries to promote cultural exchange activities between the two countries.
- Improved capacity to formulate policies, the state management of the cultural and artistic managers and administrators of Viet Nam
- Develop partnerships between cultural and artistic institutions of the two countries
- Professions and competency of artists, experts participating in the program of cooperation, exchanges are strengthened, improved and they could have access to other forms of new cultural expressions.
- Introduce cultural and creative values of Viet Nam to foreign countries, increasing interest and understanding of the people of that country for Viet Nam, enhance friendship between the two countries, and gradually expand markets consuming cultural products and services of Viet Nam later.
- The public audience and creative individuals, enterprises in the country have more opportunities to gain access to new forms of artistic and cultural consumption trends in the world of arts.
The negotiation and signing of international treaties, international cooperation agreements on culture create a legal basis for the implementation of cooperation activities between the two countries. However, in order to efficiently exploit these cooperation instruments, we should develop specific plans/programs in which identifying funding sources, timing, in-charge agencies for implementing activities... Apart from cooperation agreements between the two governments and program/plan of cooperation between the ministries of culture, cooperation agreements between cultural and artistic organizations of the two countries should be encouraged.
In 3 years from 2013 to the end of 2015, Vietnam has signed nearly 30 governmental and ministerial cooperation documents in the fields of culture and art with countries like India, Egypt, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Germany, Hungary, Greece, Italy, Iran, Laos, Russia, Japan, France, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, China, Thailand ... and nearly 20 cooperation documents between the arts and cultural organizations such as the National History Museum, Viet Nam Fine arts Museum, Viet Nam Film Institute, Viet Nam National Academy of Music, National Library of Viet Nam… were signed with foreign partners.